São Paulo Guarulhos International Airport (GRU), also known as GRU Airport, is the largest airport in Brazil and one of the busiest airports in all of Latin America. Located in the northeastern region of São Paulo, it is approximately 25 kilometers from the city center. As of 2021, the airport serves over 40 million passengers each year, with flights to over 40 different countries.
The airport has three terminals that are connected by a shuttle bus service. Terminal 1 is used exclusively for domestic flights, while Terminal 2 and Terminal 3 serve both international and domestic flights. The terminals are well-equipped with shops, restaurants, and other amenities to cater to travelers’ needs.
One of the key features of the airport is its airport lounges. These lounges provide a comfortable and relaxing environment for travelers to wait for their flights. There are several airport lounges available at Sao Paulo Guarulhos Intl Airport (GRU). Here is a list of all the lounges:
1. Star Alliance Lounge – This lounge is located in Terminal 3 and is available to Star Alliance Gold members and business and first-class passengers flying with airlines that are part of the Star Alliance.
2. LATAM VIP Lounge – This lounge is located in Terminal 3 and is available to LATAM Airlines passengers traveling in business or first class, as well as LATAM Pass Black members and OneWorld Emerald members.
3. American Airlines Admirals Club – This lounge is located in Terminal 3 and is available to American Airlines Admirals Club members, as well as passengers flying business or first class on American Airlines or OneWorld partner airlines.
4. GOL Premium Lounge – This lounge is located in Terminal 2 and is available to GOL Airlines passengers traveling in business or first class, as well as Smiles Diamond and Gold members.
5. Plaza Premium Lounge – This lounge is located in Terminal 2 and is available to all passengers for a fee.
Now, let’s take a look at the different ways to gain access to the airport lounges at Sao Paulo Guarulhos Intl Airport (GRU).
1. Elite Status – Many airlines offer their elite frequent fliers access to airport lounges, regardless of the class of service they are traveling in. This includes Star Alliance Gold members, OneWorld Emerald members, and Smiles Diamond and Gold members.
2. Business or First Class – Passengers traveling in business or first class on certain airlines have access to the corresponding airport lounge. This includes LATAM Airlines, American Airlines, and GOL Airlines.
3. Lounge Memberships – Many airport lounge networks, such as Priority Pass and LoungeKey, offer memberships that provide access to their partner lounges around the world, including Sao Paulo Guarulhos Intl Airport (GRU). This is a great option for travelers who frequently use airport lounges.
4. One-Time Passes – Some airport lounges offer one-time passes for a fee, such as the Plaza Premium Lounge in Terminal 2 at Sao Paulo Guarulhos Intl Airport (GRU). This is a good option for travelers who don’t have elite status or a membership.
Overall, Sao Paulo Guarulhos Intl Airport (GRU) is a modern and well-equipped airport that provides an enjoyable travel experience for passengers. With its excellent airport lounges and a variety of options to gain access, travelers are sure to have a comfortable and stress-free journey.